1. Who notifies the organizers of college fairs about this technology so they can register the College Fairs with InstantInfo? Our solution doesn’t require any organizer or college to pre-register with us to use our solution. For e.g. college counselors can simply print their own college display sheet for their tables and students can text us your college CEEB code right away. You can then download student inquiries after registering with us as a College.
2. Who notifies schools and/or students that this technology is available to use when they attend college fairs? College Fair organizers can notify the high schools/students to send a text the word “Mascot” to us at 75644, for pre-registering. But it is not required. When students come to your table at the college fair, they can simply text us your CEEB code (from your table display sheet) and we will capture their profile at their first text to us. Students enter their profiles only once.
3. Can this technology still be used if the college fair is not registered with InstantInfo? There is NO NEED to register the College Fair with us. Our solution is designed for ad hoc use with no preparation except for printing your table display sheet.
4. Can this technology be used when we (as the college) meet students at individual high school visits? Absolutely. In fact feel free to use it at your open houses or any other recruiting events, anytime anywhere.
5. Is this technology available for students to use even if the organizers of college fairs did not inform students or advertise ahead of time? Yes, students can simply text us your college CEEB code (from your table display sheet) at the college fairs or high school visits. We will text them back to complete their profile if not in our system already.
6. When we (as the college) attend a college fair, how will students visiting our table know to create a profile to make use of this technology? When we receive a text from a student, if that cell number does not have a profile already the student gets a link to create a profile ONCE. After they complete the profile, they walk around the College Fair and keep on texting as many college CEEB codes without having to reenter the profile each time.
7. Can students text our CEEB code to InstantInfo without first creating a profile? We capture the VERY first text from a cell phone number without the profile. For any subsequent texts, we require the profile to be complete.
8. Can students create a profile after a fair and still capture the schools they visited? Students must complete their profile after their first text to us. They can UPDATE their profiles once created at a later time. We do text them our URL and username/password for adding more data such as SAT score at a later time.
9. Are we (as the college) able to influence the fields on the student’s profile questionnaire? Yes, we have added many fields that are required by many colleges. Please text the word “Mascot” to 75644 from your cell phone to see the profile form now.
10. As students text our CEEB to InstantInfo, are their profiles instantly added to our dashboard? Yes, they are captured in REAL-TIME and is available for download instantly. Our college interface on our website offers options to view received text inquiries by any date. Just click the “Students” tab and then click any date to view all texts received on that date. Clicking on any student name displays all profile data for that student. It also offers “Download” options by any date or all data collected so far.
11. How do we (as the college) know from which college fair (or school visit) the names came? You have the ability to add event codes to your CEEB code on the display sheet for eg, 7777HV (for highschool visit) or 7777OH (for open house) or 7777SC (for Specific Counselor), etc. Event codes can be just 1 digit or longer. You can try this feature right now on the Demo University. Go ahead and text 7777AB to 75644 and see your “inquiry” in the Students at the Demo University portal (send us a query at Contact Us page for Login credentials). No prior set up is required. You can track events or counselors using this feature. Our college interface offers options to manage your own event codes. Just click the “Settings” tab and select “Event Codes”.
12. I see there is a filter for “Event”, but there is no date associated with that event. Will that event still be traceable if the college fair was not registered with InstantInfo? Yes, there is no need to pre-register or even register an event ever with us. Just make up an event code on the fly, print your table display sheet with your expanded CEEB code and you are ready to collect inquiries. Event codes are reported on a separate column in the “Students” tab and included in a separate column in the downloaded file.
13. What must be done on the college’s end to prepare for a download of students who texted their CEEB to InstantInfo? At least one person from the corresponding .edu email should “Sign Up” as a “College” Primary User with us. Once we verify and approve the “Primary” user, other staff members can be added/approved. Any authorized user within the same .edu domain can download all the inquiries for their .edu anytime. Our college interface offers options to manage your own counselors. Just click the “Users” tab and click “Approve” to give access to your registered counselors.
14. I see that the data is extracted via Excel. My concern with importing data from InstantInfo is that the fields “School Matched” and “Academic Interest 1” are free-text fields when students complete their profiles. That does not make for import friendly data. Can you tell me how other schools get around this? Do they import or manually enter from the extracted data spreadsheet? We try and “match” the high school names from the entered profile with our schools database but not the Academic Interest. Whatever students enter will be available to you in the downloaded file without a need to manually enter – unless you have a requirement within your college to standardize them. We offer “Download” options by any date or all data collected so far.
15. When I completed the student profile myself as a test student record, I was not prompted to complete fields for second and third academic interest, yet these columns appear in the test data file as “Academic Interest 2” and “Academic Interest 3”. What is the intended purpose of these two fields – Academic Interest 2 and 3? The student has the option to login to our site and add more Majors at a later time.
16. When I completed the student profile, I was not prompted to complete the field “Extra curriculars”, yet this is a column in the data file, which contains no data. What is the intended purpose of field “Extra curriculars”? Will you be adding this field to the student profile questionnaire? As in the Academic Interests 2 and 3, student has the option to login to our site and add “Extra Curriculars” at a later time.